Ethos woodfires are unique in that they don’t draw their combustion air from the room being heated, or even from elsewhere in the dwelling.
Instead the EconAir Induction flue system is bi-directional, and draws all its combustion air from outside via the flue outer layer.
The patented Ethos system has numerous advantages:
- Eliminates cold drafts in the home
- No need to vent the room in modern airtight design buildings
- Incoming air is pre-heated by the exhaust gases to over 300°C creating greater combustion, higher efficiency and reduced emissions
- No backpressure and quieter operation in windy areas
- The fire burns brightly, for greater ambience
how THE ethos econair FLUE SYSTEM works
Combustion air is drawn from outside the home, down the outer section of the flue system.
The incoming air is pre-heated by the hot exhaust gases travelling up the centre of the flue system to over 300°C before entering the firebox.
Using combustion air from outside keeps your warm air inside the home and eliminates the uncomfortable drafts often caused by conventional flue logburners.
The EconAir bi-directional flue system will not interfere with other ventilation devices in your home, like extractor fans, range hoods, and home ventilation systems, reducing smoke blow back into the room, and wind noise.