Lighting Your Ethos Fire
The secret to achieving the best heat and efficiency out of your Ethos Woodfire is to get the fire up to operating temperature as quickly as possible.
Never operate the Ethos Woodfire with the door open – including at start up.
Follow these steps to ensure quick and hassle free lighting.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 firelighter
- About 12 to 15 sticks of dry kindling approx 25mm diameter
- Four or more pieces of medium sized dry firewood approx 65 to 70mm diameter
- Ensure the air control on the right hand side is in its fully open position (down).
- Position the firelighter in the centre front of the firebox just behind the door.
- Place two pieces of kindling from front to back alongside the firebricks.
- Build the kindling pile alternating crosswise and lengthwise as shown.
- Add 4 more pieces of medium sized dry wood across kindling, about level with the top of the firebricks.
- Light the firelighter and close the door immediately.
- Don't open the door to refuel the fire for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Progressively add larger pieces of fuel to ensure a continued hot fire.